Phereo, LLC. (“Phereo” or “we”) operates Phereo.com (the “Site“), which is a content hosting and sharing service that allows Users (as defined in the following paragraph) to store images and videos and share them across the internet and create unique personal profiles online. The services offered by Phereo include the Site, content (including, without limitation, images, video and accompanying audio) hosting and sharing on the Site and third party sites, applications and services, content editors, links to partner providers, printing and other photographic merchandise, Phereo APIs, and any other features, content, mobile services, Phereo branded URLs or applications offered from time to time by Phereo in connection with Phereo's business (collectively, the “Phereo Services”). The Phereo Services are hosted in the United States.
Phereo may modify or amend this Agreement without notice at any time and such modification will be effective upon posting by Phereo on the Site. Your continued use of the Phereo Services after Phereo posts a revised Agreement signifies your acceptance of the revised Agreement. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on or through the Phereo Services and that you make available directly or indirectly to other Users. Your Phereo profile and any Content that you upload to Phereo may not include any form of Prohibited Content, as outlined in Section 8 below. Despite this prohibition, information, materials, products or services provided by other Phereo Users (for instance, in their profile or images/videos) may, in whole or in part, be unauthorized, impermissible or otherwise violate this Agreement, and Phereo assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Phereo Services by any person, please email email@example.com and include in your email a URL to the material in question.
Phereo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including, without limitation, descriptions, comments, images or videos) by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Phereo Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Phereo expressly reserves the right to remove any or all of your images, videos, account and profile and/or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Phereo Services if Phereo determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated this Agreement or pose a threat to Phereo and/or its Users.
- Eligibility. Use of the Phereo Services and/or registration to be a Member for the Phereo Services (“Membership”) is void where prohibited. By using the Phereo Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Phereo Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Term. This Agreement, and any posted revision to this Agreement, shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Phereo Services. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the account options page. Phereo may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Even after Membership and/or your use of the Phereo Services is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect in its entirety.
- Fees. Members are limited to one free account per person. You may also upgrade to a “PRO” account by paying a membership fee, in which case you are entitled to one free account (in addition to your PRO account). Your Phereo account is solely for your own personal use and benefit. You are limited to the file size, bandwidth, and storage limitations related to your account level, as described on the account comparison page: Notwithstanding the above, you acknowledge that Phereo reserves the right to charge for any portion of the Phereo Services and to change its fees (if any) from time to time in its discretion. If Phereo terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of fees or payments (if any).
- Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Phereo immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
- Use by Users. The Phereo Services are for the personal use of Users and may be used for promotional purposes as well, but direct commercial endeavors may only be used if they are specifically endorsed or authorized by Phereo. Phereo reserves the right to remove commercial content in its sole discretion. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Phereo Services, including collecting usernames, user id numbers, and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site, or employing third-party promotional sites or software to promote profiles for money, is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of unauthorized solicitation may be removed from images, videos and/or Member profiles without notice or explanation and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Phereo reserves the right to take appropriate legal action for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Phereo Services.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on Phereo.
- 6.1 Phereo does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post on or through the Phereo Services. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through the Phereo Services, you hereby grant to Phereo and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked “private” will not be distributed outside the Phereo Services. Phereo and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Phereo Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content). After you remove your Content from the Phereo Website we will cease distribution as soon as practicable, and at such time when distribution ceases, the license to such Content will terminate. If after we have distributed your Content outside the Phereo Website you change the Content's privacy setting to “private,” we will cease any further distribution of such “private” Content outside the Phereo Website as soon as practicable.
- 6.2 You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Phereo Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Phereo Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Phereo Services.
- 6.3 The Phereo Services contain Content of Phereo (“Phereo Content”). Phereo Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Phereo owns and retains all rights in the Phereo Content and the Phereo Services. Phereo hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Phereo Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Phereo Services.
- 6.4 The Phereo Services contain Content of Users and other Phereo licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Phereo Services.
- 6.5 Phereo performs technical functions necessary to offer the Phereo Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Phereo Services.
- 6.6 Although the Site and other Phereo Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other Phereo Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Phereo. Also, although Phereo will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Phereo reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Phereo in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Phereo encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Phereo is not a backup service. Phereo will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Phereo Services, or the loss of any Content.
- Content Posted.
- 7.1 Phereo may reject, refuse to post or delete any Content for any or no reason, including Content that in the sole judgment of Phereo violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity. Phereo assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Phereo Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. However, on both free and PRO accounts, and regardless of whether the Content is public or private, Phereo may choose to monitor such Content at any time, in its sole discretion. If at any time Phereo chooses to monitor the Phereo Services, Phereo nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
- 7.2 You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Phereo Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Users and for your interactions with other Users.
- Content/Activity Prohibited. You must use the Phereo Services in a manner
consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. The following are examples of the kind
of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Phereo Services. Phereo reserves
the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Phereo’s
sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending
Content from the Phereo Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited
Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of Phereo:
- 8.1 is patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- 8.2 harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- 8.3 exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- 8.4 contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- 8.5 solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- 8.6 publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- 8.7 constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- 8.8 constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work;
- 8.9 involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- 8.10 contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- 8.11 furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- 8.12 solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- 8.13 involves commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from Phereo such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- 8.14 includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent; or
- 8.15 violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, defamation rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
The following are examples of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Site and through the use of the Phereo Services. Phereo reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Phereo’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- 8.16 criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography or erotica, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, “pyramid scemes,” Ponzi schemes, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- 8.17 advertising to, or solicitation of, any User to buy or sell any products or services through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the Phereo Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Users.
- 8.18 circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Phereo Services
- 8.19 Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting, or in any way use the Site or Phereo Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- 8.20 activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- 8.21 interfering with the access of any User, host or network to the Site;
- 8.22 covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Phereo page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- 8.23 including any HTML, CSS or other coding on your personal profile page, including, without limitation, any hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained code in the Content which is unrelated to the immediate aesthetic nature of the Content;
- 8.24 any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to send images or videos;
- 8.25 interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Phereo Services or the networks or services connected to the Phereo Services;
- 8.26 impersonating or attempting to impersonate another User, person or entity;
- 8.27 using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- 8.28 selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- 8.29 using any information obtained from the Phereo Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
- 8.30 displaying an unauthorized commercial advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the Phereo Services on behalf of that person or
- 8.31 deleting, or in any manner altering, the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on any Content except your own Content;
- 8.32 using any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Phereo name, trademark, URL or product name without Phereo’s express written consent;
- 8.33 attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Phereo Service or breach any security or authentication measures;
- 8.34 collecting or store personal data about other users without their express permission;
- 8.35 impersonating or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or any other form of social engineering, or otherwise commiting fraud; or
- 8.36 using the Phereo Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. Phereo reserves the right, but has no obligation, to resolve or arbitrate disputes between you and other Members.
- Disclaimers. Phereo is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or the accuracy and reliability of the Content posted on or through the Phereo Services, whether caused by Users of the Phereo Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Phereo Services and such Content does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Phereo. Profiles and third-party applications created and posted by Users on the Site may contain links to other websites. Phereo is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Phereo. Inclusion of any linked website on the Phereo Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Phereo. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Phereo takes no responsibility for third-party advertisements or third-party applications or services that are posted on or through the Phereo Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers or third party websites or applications. Phereo is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Phereo Services. Phereo assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User communication. Phereo is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Phereo Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Phereo Services. Under no circumstances shall Phereo be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Phereo Services, from any Content posted on or through the Phereo Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Phereo Services, whether online or offline. The Phereo Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and Phereo expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Phereo cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Phereo Services.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL PHEREO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PHOTOBUCKET SERVICES, EVEN IF PHOTOBUCKET HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, PHOTOBUCKET’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO PHOTOBUCKET FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- U.S. Export Controls. Software available in connection with the Phereo Services (the “Software”) is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Phereo Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
- Disputes. The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Phereo agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of New York to resolve any dispute arising out of the Agreement or the Phereo Services. EACH OF THE PARTIES HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. FURTHER, EACH PARTY HERETO CERTIFIES THAT NO REPRESENTATIVE OR AGENT OF EITHER PARTY HAS REPRESENTED, EXPRESSLY OR OTHERWISE, THAT SUCH PARTY WOULD NOT IN THE EVENT OF SUCH LITIGATION, SEEK TO ENFORCE THIS WAIVER OF RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL PROVISION. EACH OF THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS SECTION IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT FOR THE OTHER PARTY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Phereo, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Phereo Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement and/or if any Content that you post on or through the Phereo Services causes Phereo to be liable to another.
- Protecting Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property. Phereo respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. Phereo has the right to terminate the Membership of infringers. If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through the Phereo Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow the procedures set forth in the Phereo Copyright and IP Policy.
- Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Site or any of the Phereo Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Phereo regarding the use of the Phereo Services. The failure of Phereo to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.